Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fun Uncle Pete's last year??

Registered Member

Default Fun Uncle Pete's last year??

If the Hawks miss the playoff's again is Fun Uncle Pete on the hot seat? Division looks really tough. Could be a tough year for the Hawks.

Depends on the results from the changes that are being/going to be made. It's a transitional year, so I don't think they'll expect them to be back to their '12-'14 form so soon. Maybe if they go 6-10, but anything better than that, and I think Pete's job is safe. I think Pete will be done after his current contract is up.

Pete's here for as long as he wants to be.

Yes, Paul Allen has probably been kept in the loop and, if this year doesn't come out that well, I think it will just be written off as a rebuilding year. Both the Rams and SF are going to be tougher next year.

I'm still hoping that this comes out better than it seems right now. Figure out how to get more picks and bring on the draft.

It is interesting to think about how soon Pete will walk away from coaching. I think that if he were thinking about that, this year would have been the time to walk off into the sunset. Since he hasn't, and he is starting from scratch again, I think that it makes sense that he plans to be around for a few more years.

The Rams won't necessarily be better next year. I think they were the healthiest team in the NFL. I'm not even sure they put anyone on IR. That is amazing. We probably had the most in the league.

Always hard to predict an NFL season. Rams have talent but if the injury bug bites, they are toast just like any team that loses its stars.
    So I never want to write off the Hawks but barring injury, SF and LA look like they'll be fighting for first place.

What I want to see from Pete and John is a commitment to youth, size and speed on defense and finally fixing the OL to get back to running the football. If I see that, no way I'd call for his head no matter the record. If they put out a bunch of stiffs coached by an even bigger bunch of stiffs, well then it's time to move on.

Holmgren said his biggest regret was going young on offense and older vets on D. He says it needs to be the opposite. Young dudes flying around on D and some cerebral athletes on offense. Couldn't agree more.

There hasn't been one single transaction this off season that was unexpected... except for Avril not being released yet.

The Hawks haven't even begun adding pieces yet and I already like our chances at the division next year.

That's where I'm at as well. There's a lot of gloom and doom being thrown around right now. I still expect us to be better this season, not worse.

You wanna' see doom and gloom, check out .net. omg, it's hilarious.