Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T: Philly Philly!

Quote Originally Posted by CitK View Post
    Over the years, I've gone from detesting him to not minding him to appreciating him, to yesterday detesting him again. He'll cycle back around, though, I'm sure.
    LOL, that's pretty close to how I feel about him. I'm not as sure about the cycling around part, though. Maybe he was just having a bad, cliche filled day.

I thought he was harping on the Foles touchdown catch play too much. It was a great play, no doubt about it. I loved it. But Collinsworht was still overdoing it. Even as great as the play was.

Also, I think Michaels is slipping a little bit. He seemed a little slower. Made a few obvious mistakes. Like calling the Lions the Pistons.

Quote Originally Posted by DoorninkFan View Post
    I thought he was harping on the Foles touchdown catch play too much. It was a great play, no doubt about it. I loved it. But Collinsworht was still overdoing it. Even as great as the play was.

Also, I think Michaels is slipping a little bit. He seemed a little slower. Made a few obvious mistakes. Like calling the Lions the Pistons.
    I think he called them the Piss-ons.

Jk, I didn't even watch it.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by CitK View Post
    Agreed. This game really was a win-win for history-conscientious football fans. Either a franchise (with a backup, longtime loser QB) wins for the first time, or the other franchise (with several first-ballot HOFers) wins for a record-tying time. And the game itself turned out to be one for the ages. This was one of the best non-Hawks-involved scenarios anyone could've come up with.
    Sorry Brandon But I disagree , It was a win for those fantasy football / Madden Football stat heads .

1 Sack (in name only)
    0 other pressures

2 Turnovers

No It was a great offensive game and both teams defenses were their for window dressing

1100+ yards offense

Passing was a combined 57 / 93 for 879 and 7 touchdowns
    53 First downs
    46 via the air
    15/26 3rd down conversions
    3/4 4th down conversions

1 Punt total

While yes it will be a game for the ages , I will only remember it as a game with very little defense and it rings the death knell for defensive football.

Was watching NFLN and turning point. They called the Philly Special THE turning point, while its a great call and very ballsy in that situation (4th and goal at the 1 w 1 minute to go in the half) I don't concider it THE turning point , To me that is when Graham broke through and created the strip of Brady and the recovery by Barnett. Brady and that offense had not been stopped except by themselves (missed FG) and had 3 75 yard drives in the second half , after the Eagles went up with 2.21 to go It was THE play that stymied the pats and Brady . The only really big defensive play of that game.

Thats just my take
    Last edited by Fulchalin; 02-08-2018 at 07:06 PM.

An alternate take the game: Good as Philly's defense is, stopping Tom Brady's quick passing attack is almost impossible. There is not time to let pressure develop. But, the Patriots defense was no where near that good, and it showed when they were not able to cheat. Having to play honest football, they were in over their heads with a very good Philly team. Result, very high scoring game, because it had to be. Defense was not on display there in Minnesota, but defense sure helped Philly through the playoffs. It's not quite dead yet.

I agree Halftime. The game played out very well for Philly and I think it was by design. When the game started I was saying, "I hope the Eagles watched the Jacksonville game as well." Defensive line was gassed by the 4th quarter and Brady took full advantage. At the Turning Point of the game where Brady usually has his way, the defense was able to turned it up and surprised the crap out of Brady. Perfect. I think there was some part of the defensive strategy that as long as it was close, save some (gas, stunts, moves) for late in the 4th.