Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Russell Wilson and cold weather performance

Default Russell Wilson and cold weather performance

I just wanted to throw this out there (at the risk of being controversial).

I haven't followed his college career much but what kind of experience/success has he had playing in cold weather?

At Metlife stadium, he seemed to be struggling with the accuracy of several of his throws (even a couple that were completions), and he had an uncharacteristic "self-fumble" near the redzone (which he thankfully recovered) on one of their drives.

There was the throw to a wide-open Miller that sailed out of the back of the endzone -- a touch pass that Russell never misses (or at least, I've never seen him miss a throw like that). I know that the old Giants stadium was notorious for unpredictable swirling winds on parts of the field. The new Metlife stadium was supposed to address that, so I've read.

With that said, I think the experience playing in that stadium, in December, is extremely valuable if we're to play there again in February.

He played in Wisconsin.

I'm not sure he's had much recent experience. But I don't think it was that cold there anyway. Maybe some acclimation, but he'll be fine IMO.

1 members agreed with this post.

He plays in the CLink. Come on out to a December game sometime and let me know what you think.

1 members agreed with this post.

The man could throw for 6 TD's on the moon, he's just fine.

When I think cold weather I'm thinking in the teens. Don't think we've had that yet and I don't think NJ was there either. Not sure NJ gets any colder than here as a rule. But, I've never even played a Meteorologist on TV

The fact that he has hands the size of Andre the Giant will always help him.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychobabbler View Post
    He plays in the CLink. Come on out to a December game sometime and let me know what you think.
    Buy my plane ticket and I'll be there!

Seriously though...NY is colder than Seattle, on average. But Wisconsin is colder than NY.

Some of his throws were definitely uncharacteristically off on Sunday. Don't know why. Tate dropped a couple though that he should have had.

He has a short memory, I don't even get a little bit worried when he throws one too high. It happens, it's what happens after that always seems to the be right thing.

I counted 2 throws that were off by his standards. The throw to Miller in the back of the endzone which was caught just out of bounds and the bounce pass to Tate when he was under duress.

He missed Baldwin on a blitz because of miscommunication. Baldwin held up and RW thought he would keep going deep. RW had the right read since it would have been six if Baldwin kept running.

He threw the INT which was more of a bad decision than a bad throw. He didn't get the safety looked off and threw into double coverage which he rarely does. Good play by Rolle.

While he does have uncanny accuracy, even RW is going to miss a few. I'm not sure we can blame weather or winds vs. just a slightly off day.

No need to get into a worried state when WIlson misses 2 passes.