Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Ready for a playoff run?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    i think we could have Tarvaris as an adequate backup and used the money on Vincent Jackson if we had a do over. I don't know how much "help" Flynn has been to Russell and suspect Tarvaris would be just as much help given his knowledge of Bevell's offense. Flynn is better insurance policy than tarvaris, but its not as if Tarvaris is a terrible backup. He's decent enough to win 50% of his starts which is pretty good for a backup.
    One win is the difference between making and not making the playoffs. Flynn is a better insurance policy to get that one extra win. TJack is a flip of the coin.

As far as Russell and Flynn going over notes... maybe. I, however, would trust Flynn's point of view on the opposing defense, than TJack's. Flynn and Russell are both cerebral QBs. TJack is a statue.
    Last edited by FullMetalSeahawk; 11-19-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Silenced

There's no reason in the world why we shouldn't make the playoffs. 10-6 seems very feasable, especially given that 4 of our last 6 opponets have losing records. No more All World QB's like Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers left on the schedule, we have guys like Ryan Tannehill, John Skelton, and Ryan Fitzpatrick to game plan against.

If we can't beat Miami and Buffalo on the road...and actually Buffalo isn't truly playing at home...then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway. Personally, I think we might be able to go 11-5 and win the division. Heck, 11-5 might be good enough for a first round bye the way this season is going. Gosh, just think if Atlanta gets HFA and a first round bye comes down to us and the Packers at 11-5. The Cheeseheads would really be screaming bloody murder.
    Last edited by RiverDog; 11-19-2012 at 03:55 PM.

When you look at the other teams we are running with, their schedules are brutal compared to ours. MINN plays CHI x 2 and GB x 2. They also get to play in Houston. That's 5 games vs. playoff teams. And the Rams; that's their "gimme." Their two remaining home games are obviously vs. CHI and GB.

TB plays ATL x 2, @ DEN, @ NO and two home games vs. PHIL and the Rams. Split between home and away.

The team on the outside I'm most worried about, NO, has a pretty tough schedule, but it looks like they got their act together just in the nick of time. They host SF next Sunday, then go @ ATL, @NYG, v TB, @ DAL and v CAR. Not an easy schedule, but if they get hot, they could easily run the table.

All the Seahawks have to do is take care of their business. Everybody else will shake out if they do, primarily, the 49ers.

I wanna see this Chicago defense smother Caperneck tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychobabbler View Post
    When you look at the other teams we are running with, their schedules are brutal compared to ours. MINN plays CHI x 2 and GB x 2. They also get to play in Houston. That's 5 games vs. playoff teams. And the Rams; that's their "gimme." Their two remaining home games are obviously vs. CHI and GB.

TB plays ATL x 2, @ DEN, @ NO and two home games vs. PHIL and the Rams. Split between home and away.

The team on the outside I'm most worried about, NO, has a pretty tough schedule, but it looks like they got their act together just in the nick of time. They host SF next Sunday, then go @ ATL, @NYG, v TB, @ DAL and v CAR. Not an easy schedule, but if they get hot, they could easily run the table.

All the Seahawks have to do is take care of their business. Everybody else will shake out if they do, primarily, the 49ers.

"Want" in one hand, "sh**" in the other. Which one fills quicker?

That kind of applies there

Silenced

Quote Originally Posted by Psychobabbler View Post

Man, was that ever a surprise! I've been saying all season long that the Bears are rated and I had the Niners winning by 10 so their defense stuffing a Cutler-less Bears team wasn't unexpected, but Holy cow, Kaepernick sure looked good. The announcers kept calling him a rookie but he's actually in his second year. If Smith comes back and stubs his toe, and with the Niners having to go on the road and face both Tom Brady and Drew Brees, toe stubbing is a definite possibility, the Niners are going to have an instant QB controversy.

The Smith brothers are the best DL tandem in the league. I sure hope Bevell can devise a strategy to contain them or else it's going to be a long night for Russell Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverDog View Post
    Man, was that ever a surprise! I've been saying all season long that the Bears are rated and I had the Niners winning by 10 so their defense stuffing a Cutler-less Bears team wasn't unexpected, but Holy cow, Kaepernick sure looked good. The announcers kept calling him a rookie but he's actually in his second year. If Smith comes back and stubs his toe, and with the Niners having to go on the road and face both Tom Brady and Drew Brees, toe stubbing is a definite possibility, the Niners are going to have an instant QB controversy.

The Smith brothers are the best DL tandem in the league. I sure hope Bevell can devise a strategy to contain them or else it's going to be a long night for Russell Wilson.
    Its just semantics but Aldon Smith is a 3-4 rush LB not DL.

Hey Guys, I'm Greg Schiano, the Head Coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You may have seen me while watching some Rutgers football games. I just wanted to ask you guys to tone it back a little bit... we're trying to make the playoffs down in Tampa and it doesn't help that you guys are kind of, I don't want to say in the way, but you're definitely kind of in my spot. I was looking at it first, I can assure you. I know you guys are true professionals here in Seattle and will do the right thing and move out of the way.

Thanks,
    Greg

This Is A Relevant Subtitle HLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Schiano View Post
    Hey Guys, I'm Greg Schiano, the Head Coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You may have seen me while watching some Rutgers football games. I just wanted to ask you guys to tone it back a little bit... we're trying to make the playoffs down in Tampa and it doesn't help that you guys are kind of, I don't want to say in the way, but you're definitely kind of in my spot. I was looking at it first, I can assure you. I know you guys are true professionals here in Seattle and will do the right thing and move out of the way.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hahaha. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Schiano View Post

Thanks,
    Greg
    Sure we'll be happy to oblige by moving up from the #6 seed to the #5 or perhaps higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougula View Post
    Sure we'll be happy to oblige by moving up from the #6 seed to the #5 or perhaps higher.
    Yeah.... this is awkward... about that.... You see, we kind of have to have your place in the playoffs as in... you know... at the end of the season it's well... you know... the end. I mean... there are tons of advantages to the end of the season you could look forward to. You guys have coffee... and space needles... and rain... what more could you want?! Besides, you guys have a lot going on, on the other side of the world. I heard you guys just announced your new elite leadership for the next 10 years, I'm sure they'll do great!

Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa